Jogging in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Balboa Park. There are uncongested sidewalks all through the area, but the alternative in the downtown area is to head east to Balboa Park, where trails snake through the canyons. Joggers can start out from any parking lot, but it's probably easiest to start anywhere along the 6th Avenue side. Entry to the numerous lots is best where Laurel Street connects with 6th Avenue. There's also a fitness circuit course in the park's Morley Field area.
Del Mar. Park your car near 15th Street and run south along the cliffs for a gorgeous view of the ocean.
Embarcadero. The most popular run downtown is along the Embarcadero, which stretches for 2 mi around the bay.
Mission Bay. This area is popular with joggers for its wide sidewalks and basically flat landscape. Trails head west around Fiesta Island, providing distance as well as a scenic route.
Mission Beach boardwalk. This is a great place to run while soaking up the scenery and beach culture.
Roadrunner Sports. Stop in at Roadrunner for all the supplies and information you'll need for running in San Diego. 5553 Copley Dr., San Diego, CA, 92111. 858/974–4475. www.roadrunnersports.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's