Jet Skiing in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jet Skis can be launched from most ocean beaches, although you must ride beyond surf lines, and some beaches have special regulations governing their use.
California Watersports. Waveless Mission Bay and the smaller Carlsbad Lagoon, east of the intersection of Tamarack Avenue and I–5, are easy to reach from this water recreation center, with a beach and landing ramp. 4215 Harrison St., Carlsbad, CA, 92008. 760/434–3089. www.carlsbadlagoon.com.
El Capitan Reservoir. The only freshwater lake that allows Jet Skis is 30 mi northeast of the city near Lake Jennings. Take I–8 north to Lake Jennings Park Road, head east on El Monte Road, and follow signs; there's a day-use fee of $10 per person.
San Diego Jet Ski Rentals. The shop is open daily in spring, summer, and fall; in winter, call ahead for a reservation. 4275 Mission Bay Dr., Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA, 92109. 858/272–6161. www.sdjetski.com.
Seaforth Boat Rentals. You can rent Yamaha WaveRunners and explore San Diego Bay or Mission Bay. Alternatively, from Friday to Sunday, join a waverunner tour of the La Jolla coast. 1715 Strand Way, Coronado, San Diego, CA, 92118. 619/437-1514 or 888/834-2628. www.seaforthboatrental.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's