Hang Gliding and Paragliding in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hang Gliding and Paragliding
Torrey Pines Gliderport. Perched on the cliffs overlooking the ocean north of La Jolla, this is one of the most spectacular spots to hang glide in the world. It's for experienced pilots only, but hang gliding and paragliding lessons and tandem rides for inexperienced gliders are available. Those who'd rather just watch can grab a bite at the snack shop after parking in the large dirt lot, but barriers keep them from looking right over the cliff, which would give better views of their airborne fellows. 2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr., La Jolla, San Diego, CA, 92037. 858/452–9858. www.sandiegofreeflight.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's