Freshwater Fishing in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dixon, Hodges, and Wohlford. These three freshwater lakes surround the North County city of Escondido.
Lake Jennings. County-operated Lake Jennings is stocked with trout in winter and catfish during the summer; it's a popular fly-fishing spot. 9535 Harritt Rd., Lakeside, CA, 92040. 619/443–2510. www.lakejennings.org.
Lake Morena. This spot is popular for fishing and camping. 2550 Lake Morena Dr., Campo, CA, 91906. 619/579–4101; 619/478–5473 recorded information.
Sutherland. This city-operated reservoir, open March through September on weekends, is a good spot for catching bluegill and bass. 22850 Sutherland Dam Rd., Ramona, CA, 92065. 619/668–2050.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's