Ballooning in San Diego
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean, the mountains, and the coastline south to Mexico and north to San Clemente from a hot-air balloon at sunrise or sunset; most excursions include beverages and snacks, too. The conditions are perfect: wide-open spaces and just enough wind to breeze you through them.
California Dreamin'. Head here for hot-air balloon rides, specializing in Temecula wine country flights and Del Mar sunset coastal excursions. 33133 Vista del Monte Rd., Temecula, CA, 92591. 800/373–3359. www.californiadreamin.com.
Skysurfer Balloon Company. Lift off for a one-hour champagne and sunset flight in Del Mar. Del Mar, CA, 92014. 858/481–6800 or. www.sandiegohotairballoons.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's