Sights & Attractions in Sacramento and the Gold Country
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Grass Valley
Empire Mine State Historic Park
The hard-rock gold mine here was one of California's richest...
|Parks, Mines||Grass Valley|
The recently refurnished landmark hotel ($$), built in 1851...
Lola Montez House
In the center of town, on the site of the original, stands a...
|Houses / Mansions||Grass Valley|
North Star Mining Museum
Housed in a former powerhouse, the museum displays the 32-foot-high...
|Museums / Galleries||Grass Valley|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to SF, One Way Virgin America
- $155 -- 1-BR Condo at Lake Tahoe Mountain Resort, 50% Off Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe