Sights & Attractions in Sacramento and the Gold Country
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions Sacramento and the Gold Country
|A-C D-H I-M N-R S-T U-Z « Prev |  Next »|
Each spring a 4-acre hillside east of Sutter Creek erupts in a...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Sutter Creek|
Empire Mine State Historic Park
The hard-rock gold mine here was one of California's richest...
|Parks, Mines||Grass Valley|
Firehouse No. 1
With its gingerbread-trim bell tower, Firehouse No. 1 is one...
|Museums / Galleries, Architectural Sites||Nevada City|
Gold Country Museum
You'll get a feel for life in the mines at this museum whose...
|Museums / Galleries||Auburn|
Gold Prospecting Adventures
You'll get a real feel (sort of) for the life of a prospector...
This 15-room Italianate mansion was built in 1877 and used by...
|Houses / Mansions||Sacramento|
Hangtown's Gold Bug Park & Mine
Take a self-guided tour of this fully lighted mine shaft owned...
Heidrick Ag History Center Tractor & Truck Museum
This gigantic space provides a marvelous overview of the entire...
|Museums / Galleries||Woodland|
The recently refurnished landmark hotel ($$), built in 1851...
Huntington, Hopkins & Co. Store
Picks, shovels, gold pans, and other paraphernalia used by gold-rush...
|Museums / Galleries||Sacramento|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's