- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
An unexpected find on the dusty streets of tiny Plymouth, Taste serves eclectic modern cuisine centered around fresh, local produce. The choices range from phyllo-wrapped mushroom "cigars" to pan-seared scallops served with golden-beet risotto, kumquat, mint, fennel, and orange butter. Toss in tahini-grilled cauliflower with red-wine braised carrots and turnip greens, and even the vegetarians leave happy. Gold Country wine making can be hit or miss, but with several sommeliers on staff, this is a terrific place to find out which producers are worth seeking out. There's also a great beer list.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went to Calistoga for wine and relaxation, i.e. mud baths, and I was happy except for the lack of affordable wineries? Does anyone have any recommendations for affordable wineries in and around Napa? Read more
Hello all! Read more
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Mendocino County, primarily to visit wineries in the Anderson Valley, but also to do some light hiking, and, of course, for the food and general beauty Read more