- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Moaning Cavern Review
A 235-step spiral staircase leads into this vast cavern. More adventurous sorts can rappel into the chamber—ropes and instruction are provided. Otherwise, the only way inside is via the 45-minute tour, during which you'll see giant (and still growing) stalactites and stalagmites and an archaeological site that holds some of the oldest human remains yet found in America. Outside there are three zip lines, starting at $39 per person.
- Address: 5350 Moaning Cave Rd., off Parrots Ferry Rd., about 2 miles south of Vallecito Angels Camp, CA 95251 | Map It
- Phone: 209/736–2708
- Cost: $14.95
- Hours: May–Oct., daily 9–6; Nov.–Apr., weekdays 10–5, weekends 9–5; hrs can vary, call to confirm
- Website: www.caverntours.com
- Location: Angels Camp
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I will be heading to Laguna Beach next week for a last minute girls trip. Read more