- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
At a Glance
- good restaurant and bar
- tiny-town charm
- no nightlife
Check Rates from our Partners
Imperial Hotel Review
The whimsically decorated mock-Victorian rooms at this 1879 hotel give a modern twist to the excesses of the era. The antique furnishings include iron-and-brass beds, gingerbread flourishes, and, in one room, art-deco appointments. The two front rooms, which can be noisy, have balconies. The menu at the hotel's fine restaurant ($$$) changes seasonally and ranges from country hearty to contemporary eclectic. The Imperial also includes a hilltop cottage with three suites; prices are higher, but good views, lower noise levels, and Jacuzzis help compensate.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more