- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Central Pacific Railroad Passenger Station
Central Pacific Railroad Passenger Station Review
At this reconstructed 1876 depot there's rolling stock to admire, a typical waiting room, and a small restaurant. Part of the year a train departs from the freight depot, south of the passenger station, making a 40-minute out-and-back trip between the Sacramento River and, less interestingly, Interstate 5.
- Address: 930 Front St., at J St. Old Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95814 | Map It
- Phone: 916/445–6645
- Cost: Station $4, free with same-day ticket from state railroad museum; train $10
- Hours: Station daily 10–4; train Apr.–Sept. hourly on weekends, Oct.–Dec. days and hrs vary
- Location: Sacramento
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I will be heading to Laguna Beach next week for a last minute girls trip. Read more