- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Many people stop here on the way to Yosemite National Park, about an hour's drive east on Highway 140. YARTS (www.yarts.com), the regional transit system, is a cheap and dependable way to travel among Merced (off the Central Valley's busy Highway 99), Mariposa, and Yosemite Valley. YARTS partners with Amtrak so that riders on the Central Valley's San Joaquin line can detrain in Merced and catch a bus right at the train station. Otherwise, you'll need a car to get here.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's