- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Compact Jamestown supplies a touristy view of gold rush-era life. Shops in brightly colored buildings along Main Street sell antiques and gift items. You can try your hand at panning for gold here or, if state budget cuts haven't forced its complete closure, visit Railtown 1897 (www.railtown1897.org), the local (mostly) outdoor railroad museum.
Jamestown at a Glance
Elsewhere in Sacramento and the Gold Country
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe