- Giant trees These mature coastal redwoods are the tallest trees in the world.
- Hiking to the sea The park's trails wind through majestic redwood groves, and many connect to the Coastal Trail running along the western edge of the park.
- Rare wildlife Mighty Roosevelt elk favor the park's flat prairie and open lands; seldom-seen black bears roam the backcountry; trout and salmon leap through streams; and Pacific gray whales swim along the coast during their biannual migrations.
- Stepping back in time Hike Fern Canyon Trail and explore a prehistoric scene of lush vegetation and giant ferns.
- Cheeps, not beeps Amid the majestic redwoods you're out of range for cell-phone service—and in range for the soothing sounds of warblers and burbling creeks.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More