Golf in Rancho Mirage
Kraft Nabisco Championship. The best female golfers in the world compete in this championship held in late March or early April. Mission Hills Country Club, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270. 760/324–4546. www.kncgolf.com.
Westin Mission Hills Resort Golf Club. Golfers at the Westin Mission Hills Resort have two courses to choose from, the Pete Dye and the Gary Player Signature. They're both great, with amazing mountain views and wide fairways, but if you've only got time to play one, choose the Dye. The club is a member of the Troon Golf Institute, and has several teaching facilities, including the Westin Mission Hills Resort Golf Academy and the Golf Digest Golf School. The resort's Best Available Rate program guarantees golfers (with a few conditions) the best Internet rate possible. 71333 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270. 760/328–3198. www.playmissionhills.com. $99–$109. Pete Dye Resort: 18 holes, 5525 yards, par 72; Gary Player Signature: 18 holes, 5327 yards, par 70.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's