- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Smoke Tree Ranch
At a Glance
- priceless privacy
- simple luxury
- many recreation choices include horseback riding, lawn bowling, hiking, and jogging
- no glitz or glamour
- limited entertainment options
- family atmosphere not for everyone
Check Rates from our Partners
Smoke Tree Ranch Review
A world apart from Palm Springs' pulsating urban village, the area's most exclusive resort occupies 400 pristine desert acres, surrounded by mountains and unspoiled vistas. A laid-back genteel retreat since the mid-1930s for some of the world's foremost families, including Walt Disney's, it still provides a quietly luxurious experience reminiscent of the Old West. A collection of simple mid-century cottages is spread among manicured desert gardens and shaded by smoke trees. Most have fireplaces and private patios. A large rambling ranch house right out of a western movie, with gleaming paneled walls and picture windows framing desert scenery, holds a dining room where three meals are served daily.
- Address: 1850 Smoke Tree La., Palm Springs, CA 92264 | Map It
- Phone: 760/327–1221; 800/787–3922
- Website: www.smoketreeranch.com
- Location: Palm Springs
- 49 cottages, includes 18 suites.
- Rate includes some meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Apr.–late Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just returned from a very short but very enjoyable trip to San Diego, La Jolla, and Del Mar. Read more
Some up front info:
Dates: March 10-25, 2014
3 nights, Glorietta Bay Inn, Coronado
3 nights Borrego Valley Inn, Borrego Springs
3 nights Embassy Suites, Palm Desert
3 nights Embassy Suites, Read more
Although we live near Sacramento, we are hoping to go to the City for a 2- or 3-day brief vacation in the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more