- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Smoke Tree Ranch
At a Glance
- priceless privacy
- simple luxury
- many recreation choices include horseback riding, lawn bowling, hiking, and jogging
- no glitz or glamour
- limited entertainment options
- family atmosphere not for everyone
Smoke Tree Ranch Review
A world apart from Palm Springs' pulsating urban village, the area's most exclusive resort occupies 400 pristine desert acres, surrounded by mountains and unspoiled vistas. A laid-back genteel retreat since the mid-1930s for some of the world's foremost families, including Walt Disney's, it still provides a quietly luxurious experience reminiscent of the Old West. A collection of simple mid-century cottages is spread among manicured desert gardens and shaded by smoke trees. Most have fireplaces and private patios. A large rambling ranch house right out of a western movie, with gleaming paneled walls and picture windows framing desert scenery, holds a dining room where three meals are served daily.
- Address: 1850 Smoke Tree La., Palm Springs, CA 92264 | Map It
- Phone: 760/327–1221; 800/787–3922
- Website: www.smoketreeranch.com
- Location: Palm Springs
- 49 cottages, includes 18 suites.
- Rate includes some meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Apr.–late Oct.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My partner and I are looking at planing a trip to the West Coast in Aug/Sept of 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more