Smoke Tree Ranch
At a Glance
- priceless privacy
- simple luxury
- recreational choices include horseback riding, lawn bowling, hiking, golfing, a playground, and jogging
- no glitz
- limited entertainment options
- family atmosphere not for everyone
Check Rates from our Partners
Smoke Tree Ranch Review
A world apart from Palm Springs' pulsating urban village, the area's most under the radar resort complex occupies 400 pristine desert acres, surrounded by mountains and unspoiled vistas. A laid-back genteel retreat since the mid-1930s for some of the world's foremost families, including Walt Disney's, it still provides an experience reminiscent of the Old West. A collection of simple mid-century cottages is spread among manicured desert gardens and shaded by smoke trees. Most have fireplaces and private patios. A large rambling ranch house right out of a western movie, with gleaming paneled walls and picture windows framing desert scenery, holds a dining room where three meals are served daily.
- Address: 1850 Smoke Tree La., Palm Springs, CA, 92264 | Map It
- Phone: 760/327–1221; 800/787–3922
- Website: www.smoketreeranch.com
- Location: Palm Springs
- 49 cottages, includes 18 suites
- Rate includes some meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Apr.–late Oct.
View deals in Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More