- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plaza Theatre Review
The Spanish-style Plaza Theatre opened in 1936 with a glittering premiere of the MGM film Camille. In the '40s and '50s, it presented some of Hollywood's biggest stars, including Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Now home of the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies, it is favored by fans of old-time radio even in the off-season.
Fabulous Palm Springs Follies. For years the hottest ticket in the desert, the Follies sells out 10 weekly performances from November through May. The vaudeville-style revue, about half of which focuses on mid-century nostalgia, stars extravagantly costumed, retired (but very fit) showgirls, comedians, singers, and dancers. Plaza Theatre, 128 S. Palm Canyon Dr., at La Plaza, 92262. 760/327–0225. www.palmspringsfollies.com. $50–$93.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
My friends and I from Germany will be traveling to Los Angeles, California, in March and April. However, we will not have a car (too young to rent). We would like to visit Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more