- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Plaza Theatre Review
The Spanish-style Plaza Theatre opened in 1936 with a glittering premiere of the MGM film Camille. In the '40s and '50s, it presented some of Hollywood's biggest stars, including Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Now home of the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies, it is favored by fans of old-time radio even in the off-season.
Fabulous Palm Springs Follies. For years the hottest ticket in the desert, the Follies sells out 10 weekly performances from November through May. The vaudeville-style revue, about half of which focuses on mid-century nostalgia, stars extravagantly costumed, retired (but very fit) showgirls, comedians, singers, and dancers. Plaza Theatre, 128 S. Palm Canyon Dr., at La Plaza, 92262. 760/327–0225. www.palmspringsfollies.com. $50–$93.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I went to Calistoga for wine and relaxation, i.e. mud baths, and I was happy except for the lack of affordable wineries? Does anyone have any recommendations for affordable wineries in and around Napa? Read more
Hello all! Read more
Family of 5, young adult kids, we want to fly into San Fran and drive down the coast, end of June beginning of July. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more