- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Paseo Review
West of and parallel to Highway 111, this mile-long Mediterranean-style avenue is lined with fountains and courtyards, French and Italian fashion boutiques, plus Tommy Bahama's Emporium, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Gucci. You'll find shoe salons, jewelry stores, children's shops, 23 restaurants, and nearly 20 art galleries. The strip is a pleasant place to stroll, window-shop, people-watch, and exercise your credit cards. During the season a free city-operated bright-yellow shuttle can take you from shop to shop or to your car in the parking lot.
Palm Desert Golf Cart Parade. Each October, this parade launches the "season" with a procession of 80 golf carts decked out as floats buzzing up and down El Paseo. 760/346-6111. www.golfcartparade.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $149 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort incl. $100 Daily Credit Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa
- $89 & up -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
- $123-131 -- All-Suite Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast — $123-$131 Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort Area
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
My dad is super picky with hotels and it looks like either a nice hotel in carmel or monterey is $400 plus or a okay hotel is at least $200-$300.. any recs for a nice, clean , smell free, classy hotel which Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more