- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Paseo Review
West of and parallel to Highway 111, this mile-long Mediterranean-style avenue is lined with fountains and courtyards, French and Italian fashion boutiques, plus Tommy Bahama's Emporium, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Gucci. You'll find shoe salons, jewelry stores, children's shops, 23 restaurants, and nearly 20 art galleries. The strip is a pleasant place to stroll, window-shop, people-watch, and exercise your credit cards. During the season a free city-operated bright-yellow shuttle can take you from shop to shop or to your car in the parking lot.
Palm Desert Golf Cart Parade. Each October, this parade launches the "season" with a procession of 80 golf carts decked out as floats buzzing up and down El Paseo. 760/346-6111. www.golfcartparade.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more