- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The rich and famous of Rancho Mirage live in beautiful estates and patronize elegant resorts and expensive restaurants. Although many mansions here are concealed behind the walls of gated communities and country clubs, the grandest of them all, Sunnylands, the Annenberg residence, is now open to the public as a museum.
The city's golf courses host many high-profile tournaments. You'll find some of the swankiest resorts in the desert in Rancho Mirage—plus great golf, and plenty of peace and quiet. For those truly needing to take things down a notch further, the Betty Ford Center, the famous drug-and-alcohol rehab center, is also here.
Rancho Mirage at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa