- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
PGA West. A world-class golf destination where Phil Mickelson and Jack Nicklaus play, this venue includes three 18-hole, par-72 championship courses and provides instruction and golf clinics. Greens fees (which include a mandatory cart) range from $50 on weekdays in summer to $235 on weekends in February and March. Bookings are accepted 30 days in advance, but prices are lower when you book close to the date you need. 49-499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA, 92253. 760/564-5729 for tee times. www.pgawest.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa