- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
PGA West. A world-class golf destination where Phil Mickelson and Jack Nicklaus play, this private/public facility includes five courses and facilities open to guests of La Quinta Resort & Club, and three courses open to the public. 49-499 Eisenhower Dr., La Quinta, CA, 92253. 760/564–5729 for tee times. www.pgawest.com. Mountain Course: 18 holes. 6,732 yds. Par 72. Slope 135. Greens Fee: $69–$225. Dunes: 18 holes. 6,712 yds. Par 72. Slope 134. Greens Fee: $49–$185. Greg Norman: 18 holes. 7,156 yds. Par 72. Slope 139. Greens Fee: $69–$225. TPC Stadium: 18 holes. 7,300 yds. Par 72. Slope 150. Greens Fee $79–$225. Jack Nicklaus Tournament: 18 holes. 7,204 yds. Par 72. Slope 143. Greens fee $69–$225. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, golf cart rentals, caddies, rental clubs, pro-shop, PGA West Golf Academy, restaurant, bar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's