Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts Hotel Reviews
In general you can find the widest choice of lodgings in Palm Springs, ranging from tiny B&Bs and chain motels to business and resort hotels. All-inclusive resorts dominate in down-valley communities, such as Palm Desert. You can stay in the desert for as little as $80 or spend more than $1,000 a night. Rates vary widely by season and expected occupancy; a $200 room midweek can jump in price to $450 by Saturday.
Hotel/resort prices are frequently 50% less in summer and fall than in winter and early spring. From January through May prices soar, and lodgings book up far in advance. You should book well ahead for stays during events such as Modernism Week or the Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals.
Most resort hotels charge a resort fee (charged daily) that is not included in the room rate; be sure to ask about extra fees when you book. Many hotels are pet friendly and offer special services. Small boutique hotels and bed-and-breakfasts have historic character and offer good value; discounts are sometimes given for extended stays. Casino hotels can also offer good deals on lodging; check their ads before you book. Take care when considering budget lodgings; other than reliable chains, they may not be up to par.
Hotel and Restaurant Costs
Browse Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $149 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort incl. $100 Daily Credit Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa
- $89 & up -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
- $123-131 -- All-Suite Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast — $123-$131 Staybridge Suites Anaheim Resort Area