Palm Springs and the Desert Resorts Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Palm Springs Pampers Pooches
If you're hitting the road with your best friend, you'll be happy to find Palm Springs is a particularly pet-friendly place. Dogs are welcome at resorts and hotels throughout the desert. Usually a fee is involved that is somewhere between $25 and $100 per animal. The amount and quality of pampering your pooch receives seems to mirror the price. And if you're dining alfresco, your pup is welcome in quite a few eateries, including some that offer special canine menus.
Below are some of the best bets for canines and their companions.
The Viceroy Hotel indulges your dog from the get-go. At check in Fido gets a take-home dish in which to serve the dinner you order for him from the Citron restaurant. You can dine anywhere outdoors with your pup at your side. The resort also provides dog walking and sitting services and can arrange pet spa treatments.
At La Quinta Resort and Club guest room pet amenities include an oversize pet bed, pet placemat, stainless steel bowls for food and water, waste bags, plus disinfectant and deodorizer. All dogs receive a travel tote bag full of goodies to take home. The 45-acre property has lots of walking trails and relief stations strategically placed. Pet grooming is available on request.
Not to be outdone, the Ace Hotel offers a small secure dog park, and rooms at the Westin in Rancho Mirage have their own private outdoor patios and plenty of trails to roam and play fetch.
For dining, head to Borrego Springs. The Krazy Koyote restaurant welcomes your dog with special peanut butter cookies while you dine poolside.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $179 -- SoCal: 4-Star Palm Springs Golf Resort, 45% Off Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa