- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
You can reach the Anza Borrego Desert from the Palm Springs area by taking the Highway 86 exit from Interstate 10, south of Indio. Highway 86, mostly not freeway, passes through Coachella and along the western shore of the Salton Sea. Turn west on Highway S22 at Salton City and follow it to Peg Leg Road, where you turn south until you reach Palm Canyon Drive. Turn west and the road leads to the center of Borrego Springs, Christmas Circle, where most major roads come together. Well-marked roads radiating from the circle will take you to the most popular sites in the park. If you are coming from the San Diego area, you'll need to drive east on Interstate 8 to the Cuyamaca Mountains, exit at Highway 79 and enjoy a lovely 23-mile drive through the mountains until you reach Julian; head east on Highway 78 and follow well-marked signs to Borrego Springs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's