- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Once-quiet Solana Beach is the place to look for antiques, collectibles, and contemporary fashions and artwork. The Cedros Design District, occupying four blocks south of the Amtrak station, contains shops, galleries, designers' studios, restaurants, and a popular jazz and contemporary music venue, the Belly Up Tavern. The town is known for its excellent restaurants, but most area lodging (excluding a Holiday Inn) is in adjacent Del Mar and Encinitas. Solana Beach was the first city in California to ban smoking on its beaches. Now most cities in San Diego have followed suit.
Solana Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in North County and Around
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Borrego Springs
- Cuyamaca Mountains
- Del Mar
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's