- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A quiet town with a handful of year-round residents, Borrego Springs is set in the heart of the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and is emerging as a destination for desert lovers. From September through June, temperatures hover in the 80s and 90s, and you can enjoy activities such as hiking, nature study, golf, tennis, horseback riding, and mountain-bike riding. Even during the busier winter season, Borrego Springs feels quiet. There are three golf resorts, two bed-and-breakfast inns, and a growing community of winter residents, but the laid-back vibe prevails. If winter rains cooperate, Borrego Springs puts on some of the best wildflower displays in the low desert.
Borrego Springs at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in North County and Around
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's