- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The sweet life costs a pretty penny in most Wine Country areas, where even a basic hotel tends to cost around $200 a night. That said, it is possible to stick to a lower budget if you're willing to stay in a fairly basic motel, eat at some of the less expensive restaurants, and take advantage of the many picnicking opportunities.
Prices here are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe