- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis aren't a common sight in the Wine Country—most visitors are driving a rental car, or perhaps riding in a chauffeured limo. Still, you might want to take a cab to and from dinner, especially if you want to indulge in a cocktail or a few glasses of vino. Some hotels and inns operate scheduled shuttle service to the nearest town; even if yours doesn't, you may be offered a lift if a staff person is available.
All cabs are metered: expect to pay from $2.50 to $3 upon pickup and another $2.50 to $3 per mile thereafter, depending on the city you're in. Taxi drivers usually expect a 15%-20% tip for good service. Cabs must be called rather than hailed.
The very fine A to Z Cab, based in St. Helena, serves the entire Napa Valley. Napa Valley Cab, based in the city of Napa, is another option. A-C Taxi of Santa Rosa, Healdsburg Taxi Cab Company, and Vern's Taxi serve all of Sonoma County. Yellow Cab serves Santa Rosa and Kenwood.
A-C Taxi of Santa Rosa (Santa Rosa, CA, 95404. 707/777–7777. www.a-ctaxi.com.)
A to Z Cab (St. Helena, CA, 94574. 707/666–1555. www.atozcab.com.)
Healdsburg Taxi Cab Company (Healdsburg, CA, 95448. 707/433–7088.)
Napa Valley Cab (Napa, CA, 94559. 707/257–6444.)
Vern's Taxi (707/938–8885. www.taxicabsonoma.com.)
Yellow Cab (707/544–4444. www.yellowtaxirides.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's