- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Book hotels well in advance. Hotel reservations, always advisable, are generally necessary from late spring through October and on many weekends. To be on the safe side, book smaller hotels and inns at least a month ahead.
Call restaurants ahead. Reserving a table, or asking your hotel to reserve one for you, can save you time waiting at the door.
Reserve at wineries, too. If you're keen to visit a specific winery, double-check hours and tour times and, if possible, make a reservation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's