- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
To get to the town of Sonoma from San Francisco, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, then head north on U.S. 101, east on Highway 37 toward Vallejo, and north on Highway 121, aka the Carneros Highway (Los Carneros AVA begins here). At Highway 12, head north; several blocks before the highway dead-ends at Sonoma Plaza, the street's name changes to Broadway. There are two-hour unmetered parking spaces until you get close to the plaza; if you're coming from this direction, parking south of Broadway or one block west on 1st Street West is sometimes easier than looking for metered parking space on the plaza. Once you've parked, a pleasant stroll takes you past many of the town's restaurants, shops, and tasting rooms. High-profile and boutique wineries can be found a mile or so east; arrow-shaped signs on East Spain Street and East Napa Street direct you.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's