- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Around Sonoma Valley
Highway 12, also called the Sonoma Highway, is the main thoroughfare through the Sonoma Valley, running north–south through Sonoma, Glen Ellen, and Kenwood into Santa Rosa. Except for some summer weekends, traffic tends to move fairly smoothly along this route. To get to Highway 12 from the city of Napa, take Highway 29 south to Highway 121 west. From Oakville, head west over the Mayacamas range on the highly scenic—but slow and winding—Oakville Grade Road, which turns into Trinity Road before it reaches Highway 12. From Calistoga, travel north a few miles on Highway 29/128 and then west on Petrified Forest Road and later Calistoga Road to reach Highway 12 in Santa Rosa. From there, head south into the valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's