- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Craggy Glen Ellen embodies the difference between the Napa and Sonoma valleys. In small Napa towns such as St. Helena well-groomed sidewalks are lined with upscale boutiques and restaurants, but in Glen Ellen the crooked streets are shaded with stands of old oak trees and occasionally bisected by the Sonoma and Calabasas creeks.
Jack London, who represents Glen Ellen's rugged spirit, lived in the area for many years; the town commemorates him with place-names and nostalgic establishments.
Glen Ellen at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country on Sale: Book 3 Nts in Jun Fr $212+/Nt Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Look no Further! Santa Rosa Hotels Fr $67+/Nt Travelocity
- Santa Rosa on Sale! 3 Nts + Air as Low as $803 Travelocity
- $31.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Rosa Hotwire
- Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country in Jun: $145 & Up — $145 Expedia