- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
This Carneros pioneer helped disprove the conventional wisdom that only the French could produce great Pinot Noir. Back in 1981, when Saintsbury released its first Pinot, the region had yet to earn its current reputation as a setting in which the often finicky varietal could prosper. If you still have doubts, try Saintsbury's earthy, intense Brown Ranch Pinot Noir. The other Pinot Noirs tend to be lighter in style and more fruit-forward. Named for the English author and critic George Saintsbury (he wrote Notes on a Cellar-Book), the winery also makes Chardonnays, Syrahs, and a delightful Vin Gris.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
I'm going alone to LA in just under two weeks and I'm going to spend half my time in Santa Monica then I've been recommended the other half in Huntington Beach. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more