- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Sterling Vineyards Review
The approach to Sterling Vineyards, perched on a hilltop about a mile south of Calistoga, is the most spectacular in the valley. Instead of driving to the tasting room, you board an aerial tram to reach pristine white buildings that recall those in the Greek islands. (The founder once lived on Mykonos.) The views from the winery are superb, although the quality of the wines doesn't necessarily match the vista. If you visit, pony up the extra $10 to $15 for VIP tastings that include reserve, single-vineyard, and limited-release wines. The short tram ride is one of the area's few kid-friendly attractions; it's $10 for those under 21.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
My family and I are going to spend time in California this summer. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more