- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Meadowood Napa Valley Review
A rambling lodge and several gray clapboard bungalows are scattered across this sprawling property, giving it an exclusive New England feel. Everything runs seamlessly, starting with the gatehouse staff, who alert the front desk about arrivals. Exquisite guest rooms have views over the wooded grounds from expansive windows. Cozy fireplaces—as well as supremely comfortable beds—defy you to get up and pursue the golf, tennis, hiking, croquet (yes, croquet), or other activities. Under executive chef Christopher Kostow, the elegant dining room has become a destination restaurant, winning high praise from critics and foodies.
In the heart of the Napa Valley, chef Christopher Kostow commands the kitchen at the Restaurant at Meadowood, where California cuisine is presented at its best. The emphasis here is on seasonal, sustainable, and local ingredients. Dishes in the set menus are intended to highlight the natural beauty and bursting-forth flavors of their ingredients.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $116 & up -- Anaheim Hotels near Disney, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $8.97 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
Visiting California from Atlanta, I planned an outing for my friend and I, her two kids (11 and 13) and my three kids (12,9,6)
Ferry over Friday morning from Dana Point was a bit rocky but fun.
We arrived Read more
What better way to spend Memorial Day 2013 than head down to the California Science Center in Los Angeles to check out the Space Shuttle Endeavour. Read more
My dad is super picky with hotels and it looks like either a nice hotel in carmel or monterey is $400 plus or a okay hotel is at least $200-$300.. any recs for a nice, clean , smell free, classy hotel which Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more