- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although most visitors to the Russian River Valley stay in Healdsburg, there's a lot to be said for peaceful Guerneville, a popular destination for gay and lesbian travelers who stay in the rustic resorts and sunbathe on the bank of the river. The town's most famous winery is Korbel Champagne Cellars, established here nearly a century and a half ago. Even older are the stands of redwoods that except on the coldest of winter days make Armstrong Woods State Natural Reserve such a perfect respite from wine tasting.
Guerneville at a Glance
Elsewhere in Northern Sonoma County
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe