- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A few decades ago, calling tiny Freestone (population 92) a sleepy village was overstating the case. Not so any more, and the rebranding of the local tasting room as the Joseph Phelps Freestone Vineyards Guest Center in late 2012 has instantly conferred all-star status on a wine-making operation that was already attracting a steady stream of Pinot-loving pilgrims. Oh yes, and bread lovers. The marvelous Wild Flour Bread has adherents nearly as fervent as the wine lovers. The guest center is open daily, but in keeping with Freestone's laid-back traditions, the bakery is open only four days a week.
Freestone at a Glance
Elsewhere in Northern Sonoma County
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's