- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The stretch of Highway 29 that passes through St. Helena is called Main Street, and many of the town's shops and restaurants are clustered on two pedestrian-friendly blocks between Pope and Adams streets. Wineries are found both north and south of downtown along Highway 29 and the Silverado Trail, but some of the less touristy and more scenic spots are southwest of town on the slopes of Spring Mountain (to access Spring Mountain Road from Main Street, take Madrona Avenue or Elmhurst Avenue southwest a few blocks and turn right) and far east of downtown past Lake Hennessey off Highway 128.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's