Napa and Sonoma Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Napa and Sonoma Hotel Reviews
Napa and Sonoma know the tourism ropes well; their inns and hotels range from low-key to utterly luxurious, and generally maintain high standards. Most of the bed-and-breakfasts are in historic Victorian and Spanish buildings, and the breakfast part of the equation often involves fresh local produce. The newer hotels tend to have a more modern, streamlined aesthetic and elaborate, spalike bathrooms. Many hotels and B&Bs have excellent restaurants on their grounds, and those that don't are still just a short drive away from gastronomic bliss.
However, all of this comes with a hefty price tag. As the cost of vineyards and grapes has risen, so have lodging rates. Santa Rosa, the largest population center in the area, has the widest selection of moderately priced rooms. Try there if you've failed to reserve in advance or have a limited budget. In general, all accommodations in the area often have lower rates on weeknights, and prices are about 20% lower in winter.
On weekends, two- or even three-night minimum stays are commonly required, especially at smaller inns and B&Bs. If you'd prefer to stay a single night, though, innkeepers are usually more flexible in winter. Many B&Bs book up long in advance of the summer and fall seasons. Many B&Bs and small inns also discourage the presence of children though fall short of actually prohibiting them. If you're traveling with children, be sure to ask about them when booking to make sure they will receive a warm welcome.
Bed & Breakfast Association of Sonoma Valley (CA. 800/969-4667. www.sonomabb.com.)
The Wine Country Inns of Sonoma County (CA. 800/946-3268. www.winecountryinns.com.)
Browse Napa and Sonoma Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to LA, One Way Virgin America
- $116 & up -- Anaheim Hotels near Disney, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $72-$96 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, $100 Off BookIt.com
- $349 & up -- 5-Night Pacific Coast Cruise on Norwegian Norwegian Cruise Line
- $8.97 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com