Napa and Sonoma Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Napa Valley Bicycle Tour
Thanks to the scenic country roads winding through the region, bicycling is a nearly perfect way to get around the Wine Country (the lack of designated bike lanes notwithstanding). Whether you're interested in an easy spin to a few wineries or a strenuous haul up a mountainside, there's a way to make it happen.
Cycle shops in most towns will rent you a bike and helmet for the day. In addition to providing maps and advice on the least-trafficked roads, staffers can typically recommend a route based on your interests and fitness level.
If you're concerned about the logistics of your trip, consider joining a one-day or multiday bike tour, which includes lunch, a guide, and a "sag wagon" in case you tire before you reach your destination.Updated: 07-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's