- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Greyhound serves Santa Cruz and Salinas from San Francisco and San Jose. The trips take about 3 and 4½ hours, respectively. Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) provides frequent service in Monterey County (fares $1 to $3; day pass $8), and Santa Cruz METRO ($2; day pass $10) buses operate throughout Santa Cruz County. You can switch between the two lines in Watsonville, in southern Santa Cruz County.
Greyhound (800/231–2222. www.greyhound.com.)
Monterey-Salinas Transit (888/678–2871. www.mst.org.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's