- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Monterey Peninsula Airport, 3 miles east of downtown Monterey off Highway 68, is served by Alaska, Allegiant, American Eagle, United/United Express, and US Airways. Taxi service to downtown runs about $15 to $17; to Carmel the fare is $23 to $32. To and from San Jose International Airport and San Francisco International Airport, Monterey Airbus starts at $35 and the Early Bird Airport Shuttle runs $75 to $190.
Monterey Regional Airport (200 Fred Kane Dr., at Olmsted Rd., off Hwy. 68, Monterey, CA, 93940. 831/648–7000. www.montereyairport.com.)
Central Coast Cab Company (831/626–3333.)
Early Bird Airport Shuttle (831/462–3933. www.earlybirdairportshuttle.com.)
Monterey Airbus (831/373–7777. www.montereyairbus.com.)
Yellow Cab (831/333–1234.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's