- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pleasure Point. Surfers gather for the spectacular waves and sunsets here. E. Cliff and Pleasure Point Drs., Santa Cruz, CA, 95062.
Steamer Lane. This area near the lighthouse on West Cliff Drive has a decent break. Steamer Lane hosts several competitions in summer.
Equipment and Lessons
Club-Ed Surf School and Camps. Find out what all the fun is about at Club-Ed. Your first private or group lesson ($85 and up) includes all equipment. Cowell Beach, at Santa Cruz Dream Inn, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060. 831/464–0177. www.club-ed.com.
Cowell's Beach Surf Shop. This shop sells gear, clothing, and swimwear; rents surfboards, standup paddle boards, and wet suits; and offers lessons. 30 Front St., Santa Cruz, CA, 95060. 831/427–2355. www.cowellssurfshop.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe