- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
DeLaveaga Golf Course. Tee off at woodsy DeLaveaga Golf Course, a public course in a hilly park setting overlooking the town and bay. 401 Upper Park Rd., Santa Cruz, CA, 95065. 831/423–7214. www.delaveagagolf.com. 18 holes. 5,700 yds. Par 70. Greens fee: $45/$60. Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, rental clubs, pro-shop, golf lessons, restaurant, bar.
Pasatiempo Golf Club. Designed by famed golf architect Dr. Alister MacKenzie in 1929, this semiprivate course, set amid undulating hills just above the city, is among the nation's top championship courses. Golfers rave about the spectacular views and challenging terrain. 20 Clubhouse Rd., Santa Cruz, CA, 95060. 831/459–9155. www.pasatiempo.com. 18 holes. 6,125 yds. Par 72. Greens fee: $220/$250. Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, caddies, rental clubs, pro-shop, golf lessons, restaurant, bar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe