- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boats and Charters
Chardonnay Sailing Charters. The 70-foot Chardonnay II departs year-round from Santa Cruz yacht harbor on whale-watching, sunset, and other cruises around Monterey Bay. Most regularly scheduled excursions cost $50; food and drink are served on many of them. Reservations are essential. 831/423–1213. www.chardonnay.com.
Stagnaro Sport Fishing, Charters, & Whale Watching Cruises. Stagnaro operates salmon, albacore, and rock-cod fishing expeditions; the fees ($55 to $80) include bait. The company also runs whale-watching, dolphin, and sea-life cruises ($46) year-round. June–Aug., Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf; Sept.–May, Santa Cruz West Harbor, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060. 831/427–2334; 800/979–3370 tickets; 212/209–3370 international tickets. www.stagnaros.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's