- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To eat and sleep at the luxe L'Auberge Carmel is a weekend in itself, but even those staying elsewhere should consider splurging on the inn's intimate, 12-table restaurant. Aubergine epitomizes farm-fresh gourmet dining. Chef Justin Cogley's menu offers diners various options; you can create your own four- or five-course menu, for example dungeness crab with baby beets, abalone with butternut squash, pork in a toasted brioche with apples, citrus tart, and an artisanal cheese plate. You can also ask the chef to design a surprise gastronomic "journey." There's a 4,500-bottle wine cellar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
AN INTOXICATING BIRTHDAY VISIT TO NAPA
For my Mom’s 49th birthday, my younger twin sisters, Ainsley and Bailey, and I decided to hire a limo and driver for a day tour to Napa. Read more
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more