- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Southern California 2014
Asilomar Conference Grounds
Check Rates from our Partners
Asilomar Conference Grounds Review
On 107 acres in a state park, Asilomar stands among evergreen woods on the edge of a wild beach. Thirteen of the 30 buildings at the former YWCA retreat were designed by Julia Morgan between 1913 and 1928. The complex mostly serves groups and conferences, and a stay here may bring back fond memories of summer camp: there are games in the social hall, campfires outside, and paved paths between the buildings. Thankfully, the rooms are tasteful and modern (no bunk beds!), if simple. The general public can book individual rooms up to six months in advance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
Long time lurker but only recently joined to get some advice about my up coming Canada trip so thought id share my USA experiance.
4 of us (21-25years old) flew in to LAX mid to late August, picked up Read more
Hello, we're spending spring break in San Diego in a condo on Mission Beach. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more