- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The sales tax in Los Angeles is 9.75%, one of the highest in California. There's none on most groceries, but there is on newspapers (unless bought from a coin-operated machine) and magazines. The tax on hotel rooms ranges from 13%-15.5%.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's