- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although not inexpensive, costs in Los Angeles tend to be a bit lower than in other major cities such as New York and San Francisco. For instance, in a low-key local diner, a cup of coffee might cost a dollar. In high-profile or trendy establishments, though, costs escalate; a cup of coffee in an upscale restaurant can cost as much as $5.
Prices throughout this guide are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
Reporting Lost Cards
American Express (800/992-3404 in U.S. www.americanexpress.com.)
Diners Club (800/234-6377 in U.S. www.dinersclub.com.)
Discover (800/347-2683 in U.S. www.discovercard.com.)
MasterCard (800/622-7747 in U.S. www.mastercard.com.)
Visa (800/847-2911 in U.S. www.visa.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's