- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Air pollution in L.A. may affect sensitive people in different ways. During particularly bad days in summer (the media update pollution levels each day), it's a good idea to plan a day indoors or on a windy beach. The sun can burn even on overcast days, and the dry heat can dehydrate, so wear hats, sunglasses, and sunblock and carry water with you.
Do not fly within 24 hours of scuba diving, or you'll put your lungs at risk by going from a high-pressure environment to a low-pressure one.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's