Chewing-gum magnate William Wrigley purchased this white Italian Renaissance–style house in 1914. When his wife died in 1958, Wrigley donated the house to the city of Pasadena under the stipulation that it be used as the headquarters for the Tournament of Roses. The mansion features a green-tile roof and manicured rose garden with 1,500 varieties. The interior provides a glimpse of the over-the-top style of the area in the early 20th century. Tours of the house last
about an hour; fans of the Rose Parade will see the various crowns and tiaras worn by former Rose Queens, plus trophies and memorabilia.